The Tallest Building in Malaysia
The Merdeka 118 tower, or simply known as KL 118, is an 118-storey skyscraper in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is the second-tallest structure in the world, surpassing even the Shanghai Tower, illuminates with light strips. Although, A retail mall will also be constructed inside the tower.
Merdeka 118 is the world’s second tallest building
Upon completion, Merdeka 118 will stand at 118 storeys, with 1.66 million square feet of premium Grade A office space. The development is expect to attract 70 per cent local tenants, while the remaining 30 per cent will be multinationals. However, This will lend the project a distinctively international flavor. The project’s first tenant is Permodalan Nasional Berhad, which is taking up half of the building. The project will have a budget of 5 billion Malaysian ringgits (about $1.1 billion).
The project, which began in 2015, has drawn criticism online. However, it will not officially include in the rankings by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), the leading source for skyscraper height. Although, The new building will feature offices, shops, a mosque, a glass-domed shopping mall, and a panoramic observation deck.
It is the tallest building in Malaysia
The Merdeka 118, also known as KL 118 Tower or Warisan Merdeka 118, is an 118-storey skyscraper located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is the world’s second-tallest building at 678.9 metres. It is the tallest building in Malaysia, surpassing the Shanghai Tower, which is only four stories taller.
Until 2010, Carigali Tower was the tallest building in Malaysia. Although, It was part of the Phase 2 KLCC urban plan, completed in March 2009 and had a cost of around RM 1 billion. The tower now stands alongside the Astaka tower, which is a luxury condominium complex. However, It was a major spur for foreign investment, with many Singaporeans purchasing high-end properties.
It will be lit up by light strips: Merdeka 118
The structure will have LEDs connecting the light strips to the geometric edges, giving it a futuristic appearance at night. There will also be lighting in the Observation Deck at the summit of the structure.Guests will have a view of Kuala Lumpur that stretches for 500m.
Although, The Merdeka 118 building is modeled after the silhouette of Tunku Abdul Rahman, who raised his right arm and chanted the word “Merdeka!” seven times on 31 August 1957. The spire’s long pole resembles the outstretched hand of the Tunku. The tower’s base is made up of diamond-shaped motifs, and it will be topped with glass.
It will be a retail mall
The tallest building in Malaysia will have 118 floors and will house office spaces on 83 floors. Furthermore, The top five floors will be a mall, with sky-dining restaurants and a luxury hotel. Moreover, The building will have an observation deck that will be the highest in South-east Asia.
The Exchange 106 tower will be the tallest building in Malaysia when completed. It is four46 meters tall and was built in three years by China State Construction Engineering. Its column-free floor plate will provide large, flexible space in Malaysia. The interior will have open-plan areas and flexible layouts. Its location provides good transport links, with six major highways and rail connections.
It will have a multi-story observatory: Merdeka 118
The tallest building in Malaysia will have 118 floors and a multi-story observatory, which will provide breathtaking views of the city and surrounding areas. Moreover, The structure will have a park, a mall, and easy access to all of the city’s rail networks.
Furthermore, The building will be based on a tube structure, a typical design for extreme tall buildings. The design features Islamic art-inspired elements, such as the cross section of the Rub el-Hizb, and the facade reflects the style of the Qutub Minar.
|The World’s Tallest whale|
|Tallest Water Moccasin|
|World’s Tallest Giraffe|
Leave a Reply